Previously heard providing vocal support on I Don’t Know, a January loosie from Trippz Michaud, Chris Miles steps into the Booth spotlight with a brand new promo cut of his own. Though this jam’s title is “Perfect,” the record actually deals with the 15-year-old Warner/Chappell signee’s doubts and insecurities. Over Michael Keenan‘s synth arpeggios, Miles admits to feeling self-conscious about his appearance and even his voice. He claims, “I like to sing but I can’t really sing” but, after experiencing the fast-paced verses and melodic hook he delivers here, I have to disagree with his assessment. Though this down-to-earth jam isn’t part of a larger set, fans can keep it locked for the latest as Chris Miles continues his major-label hustle.
Written by richard on 07/1/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.