Unless you were previously introduced to Chris Lawrence outside of the Booth, it’s unlikely you’ve been fiending for more new music from the Mr. 305 signee. After all, this is his first feature on our pages. After listening to his new single, however, you shouldn’t be surprised if you start experiencing the telltale symptoms of Withdrawal. An addictive mix of hip-hop and R&B, the record sees Lawrence showing off his pipes over a sample from Mobb Deep‘s classic Shook Ones, as flipped by Naughty By Nature‘s Kay Gee and co-producer Joel “JK” Kipnis. Roberta Ryan directs the accompanying visuals. Details have yet to be revealed on the album to which this cut will be attached, but we’ll keep you posted as we learn more about the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 06/11/14
Submit your Rating
Pulse Music/Mr 305 Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.