Unless you were previously introduced to Chris Lawrence outside of the Booth, it’s unlikely you’ve been fiending for more new music from the Mr. 305 signee. After all, this is his first feature on our pages. After listening to his new single, however, you shouldn’t be surprised if you start experiencing the telltale symptoms of Withdrawal. An addictive mix of hip-hop and R&B, the record sees Lawrence showing off his pipes over a sample from Mobb Deep‘s classic Shook Ones, as flipped by Naughty By Nature‘s Kay Gee and co-producer Joel “JK” Kipnis. Roberta Ryan directs the accompanying visuals. Details have yet to be revealed on the album to which this cut will be attached, but we’ll keep you posted as we learn more about the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 06/11/14
Pulse Music/Mr 305 Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.