Unless you were previously introduced to Chris Lawrence outside of the Booth, it’s unlikely you’ve been fiending for more new music from the Mr. 305 signee. After all, this is his first feature on our pages. After listening to his new single, however, you shouldn’t be surprised if you start experiencing the telltale symptoms of Withdrawal. An addictive mix of hip-hop and R&B, the record sees Lawrence showing off his pipes over a sample from Mobb Deep‘s classic Shook Ones, as flipped by Naughty By Nature‘s Kay Gee and co-producer Joel “JK” Kipnis. Roberta Ryan directs the accompanying visuals. Details have yet to be revealed on the album to which this cut will be attached, but we’ll keep you posted as we learn more about the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 06/11/14
Submit your Rating
Pulse Music/Mr 305 Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.