Gonna be spending next Friday night at home with Netflix, while all your friends are enjoying romantic dinners with their significant others? Yeah, me too. Rather than feeling down about being alone, though, take solace in the fact that you’re not stuck in a sh*tty relationship, like the one Booth newcomer Chris James describes on new single Love Hates Me. Over a synth beat created in collaboration with J. Parker, the singer recounts his love affair with a woman more interested in messing with his mind than building a life together. Guest emcee Pusha T offers a diametrically opposed perspective on the back, outlining the noncommittal philosophy that’s helped him avoid heartache. He also has some provocative words for rivals in the music game: “I just dropped album of the year / Better know who you’re f**kin’ with.” L.I.F.E., (Love Isn’t for Everyone) has yet to receive a drop date, but those feeling this single can keep their browsers locked for the latest singles and release details.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.