Gonna be spending next Friday night at home with Netflix, while all your friends are enjoying romantic dinners with their significant others? Yeah, me too. Rather than feeling down about being alone, though, take solace in the fact that you’re not stuck in a sh*tty relationship, like the one Booth newcomer Chris James describes on new single Love Hates Me. Over a synth beat created in collaboration with J. Parker, the singer recounts his love affair with a woman more interested in messing with his mind than building a life together. Guest emcee Pusha T offers a diametrically opposed perspective on the back, outlining the noncommittal philosophy that’s helped him avoid heartache. He also has some provocative words for rivals in the music game: “I just dropped album of the year / Better know who you’re f**kin’ with.” L.I.F.E., (Love Isn’t for Everyone) has yet to receive a drop date, but those feeling this single can keep their browsers locked for the latest singles and release details.
Written by richard on 02/9/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.