Gonna be spending next Friday night at home with Netflix, while all your friends are enjoying romantic dinners with their significant others? Yeah, me too. Rather than feeling down about being alone, though, take solace in the fact that you’re not stuck in a sh*tty relationship, like the one Booth newcomer Chris James describes on new single Love Hates Me. Over a synth beat created in collaboration with J. Parker, the singer recounts his love affair with a woman more interested in messing with his mind than building a life together. Guest emcee Pusha T offers a diametrically opposed perspective on the back, outlining the noncommittal philosophy that’s helped him avoid heartache. He also has some provocative words for rivals in the music game: “I just dropped album of the year / Better know who you’re f**kin’ with.” L.I.F.E., (Love Isn’t for Everyone) has yet to receive a drop date, but those feeling this single can keep their browsers locked for the latest singles and release details.
Written by richard on 02/9/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.