Is the age of Horatio Alger over, or can an enterprising striver still pull himself to the top of American society by the bootstraps? Though many rappers would beg to differ, Chris Gatsby is banking on the latter being the case. Making its world premiere in the Booth along with an unknown director’s official visuals, new single Keep It Movin’ finds the Bay Area buzzmaker professing his ironclad faith in the American Dream. As he puts it on the front, “Whoever workin’ the hardest usually get the biggest piece.” His ruggedly individualistic bars come backed by the head-noddable sample work of Booth fave Statik Selektah. For more from this promising newcomer, cop his Middleground, Morals and Money EP when it drops digitally on Tuesday, January 21.
Written by richard on 12/5/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.