Is the age of Horatio Alger over, or can an enterprising striver still pull himself to the top of American society by the bootstraps? Though many rappers would beg to differ, Chris Gatsby is banking on the latter being the case. Making its world premiere in the Booth along with an unknown director’s official visuals, new single Keep It Movin’ finds the Bay Area buzzmaker professing his ironclad faith in the American Dream. As he puts it on the front, “Whoever workin’ the hardest usually get the biggest piece.” His ruggedly individualistic bars come backed by the head-noddable sample work of Booth fave Statik Selektah. For more from this promising newcomer, cop his Middleground, Morals and Money EP when it drops digitally on Tuesday, January 21.
Written by richard on 12/5/13
Bay Area buzzmaker Chris Gatsby has come together with The DJBooth to bring readers a preview of his debut studio album, Middleground Morals and Money, before its release on Tuesday, January 21. The project packs 11 original...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.