Is the age of Horatio Alger over, or can an enterprising striver still pull himself to the top of American society by the bootstraps? Though many rappers would beg to differ, Chris Gatsby is banking on the latter being the case. Making its world premiere in the Booth along with an unknown director’s official visuals, new single Keep It Movin’ finds the Bay Area buzzmaker professing his ironclad faith in the American Dream. As he puts it on the front, “Whoever workin’ the hardest usually get the biggest piece.” His ruggedly individualistic bars come backed by the head-noddable sample work of Booth fave Statik Selektah. For more from this promising newcomer, cop his Middleground, Morals and Money EP when it drops digitally on Tuesday, January 21.
Written by richard on 12/5/13
Bay Area buzzmaker Chris Gatsby has come together with The DJBooth to bring readers a preview of his debut studio album, Middleground Morals and Money, before its release on Tuesday, January 21. The project packs 11 original...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.