Is the age of Horatio Alger over, or can an enterprising striver still pull himself to the top of American society by the bootstraps? Though many rappers would beg to differ, Chris Gatsby is banking on the latter being the case. Making its world premiere in the Booth along with an unknown director’s official visuals, new single Keep It Movin’ finds the Bay Area buzzmaker professing his ironclad faith in the American Dream. As he puts it on the front, “Whoever workin’ the hardest usually get the biggest piece.” His ruggedly individualistic bars come backed by the head-noddable sample work of Booth fave Statik Selektah. For more from this promising newcomer, cop his Middleground, Morals and Money EP when it drops digitally on Tuesday, January 21.
Written by richard on 12/5/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.