Is the age of Horatio Alger over, or can an enterprising striver still pull himself to the top of American society by the bootstraps? Though many rappers would beg to differ, Chris Gatsby is banking on the latter being the case. Making its world premiere in the Booth along with an unknown director’s official visuals, new single Keep It Movin’ finds the Bay Area buzzmaker professing his ironclad faith in the American Dream. As he puts it on the front, “Whoever workin’ the hardest usually get the biggest piece.” His ruggedly individualistic bars come backed by the head-noddable sample work of Booth fave Statik Selektah. For more from this promising newcomer, cop his Middleground, Morals and Money EP when it drops digitally on Tuesday, January 21.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!