Don’t worry, Chris Faust fans – the Brooklyn up-and-comer isn’t saying “Au revoir” just when he’s started to get a serious buzz going for his forthcoming, 2DopeBoyz/DJBooth.net-sponsored mixtape. In fact, you can take the title of his latest effort in precisely the opposite sense: it’s been So Long since Faust felt as motivated and ready to conquer the game as he does at this very moment. Here, freestyle series alum and reader-acclaimed beatsmith 6th Sense‘s pensive piano chords and electric-guitar flourishes set a tenacious, driven mood as the artist surveys the obstacles he’s surmounted to date and pumps himself up to achieve bigger and better things: “Anticipation’s high Chris, so don’t ever flop, success is falling nine times, so don’t ever drop” Rising R&B star Mike Maven (previously heard guesting on cuts by Nitty Scott, MC and John Public) handles hook duties, imbuing the joint with an extra dash of smooth crossover appeal. Those who want to accompany Chris Faust on the latest chapter in his journey to the top should mark their calendars for the May 17, arrival of his latest street album, the aptly-titled FAUST LP.
Written by richard on 05/3/11
Submit your Rating
Yatta Mayjour Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Book of Faust" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)