Of all the legendary songs Tupac released, I think Do For Love is my personal number one, which is why I have a soft spot for Chris Faust’s latest single, Prom Queen. Towards the end of the song, guest Sunny Jones quotes a few lines from the classic Pac jam. But that isn’t the only reason why I dig it; the cut’s low-key, airy vibe is what really makes it a winner. Faust and ScienZe deliver leisurely verses over the jazzy, ambient boardwork of Omid-G, showcasing two distinct, but equally laid-back styles. The end product is perfect for cruising in your car or relaxing after a long day. If you’re into this type of casual hip-hop, than you will likely enjoy Faust’s next album, A Cruel Cool World, scheduled for release sometime this summer.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/22/13
Submit your Rating
Yatta Mayjour Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Book of Faust" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.