If Chris Faust’s latest leak is an indicator of what can be expected on his upcoming project FAUST, then May 17 Is going to be a great day. On Maybe Now Begins, over a dirty kick-snare pattern and colorful electric guitar riffs, Faust takes a second to reflect on his journey as an artist and count his blessings. As the Brooklyn emcee adjusts to his surreal lifestyle, he realizes just how good things are compared to how bad they could be: “Think about how bad things that could be / How bad can it be when I’m livin’ a movie / When I’m walking in the shoes of the ni**as with groupies.” In between verses, producer Sunny Jones lends his vocals to the dreamy chorus. Maybe Now Begins is a reflective record with a grimy edge (thanks to that filthy kick-snare combo), reminiscent of Drake’s Light Up. In addition to the knocking beat, Faust shines on his own, flowing effortlessly over ever crash of the snare. In short, this single is dope and a promising glimpse into the Booth-hosted FAUST, out in about 20 days.
Written by CourtlandHH on 04/27/11
Submit your Rating
Yatta Mayjour Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Book of Faust" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.