If Chris Faust’s latest leak is an indicator of what can be expected on his upcoming project FAUST, then May 17 Is going to be a great day. On Maybe Now Begins, over a dirty kick-snare pattern and colorful electric guitar riffs, Faust takes a second to reflect on his journey as an artist and count his blessings. As the Brooklyn emcee adjusts to his surreal lifestyle, he realizes just how good things are compared to how bad they could be: “Think about how bad things that could be / How bad can it be when I’m livin’ a movie / When I’m walking in the shoes of the ni**as with groupies.” In between verses, producer Sunny Jones lends his vocals to the dreamy chorus. Maybe Now Begins is a reflective record with a grimy edge (thanks to that filthy kick-snare combo), reminiscent of Drake’s Light Up. In addition to the knocking beat, Faust shines on his own, flowing effortlessly over ever crash of the snare. In short, this single is dope and a promising glimpse into the Booth-hosted FAUST, out in about 20 days.
Written by CourtlandHH on 04/27/11
Submit your Rating
Yatta Mayjour Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Book of Faust" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.