If Chris Faust’s latest leak is an indicator of what can be expected on his upcoming project FAUST, then May 17 Is going to be a great day. On Maybe Now Begins, over a dirty kick-snare pattern and colorful electric guitar riffs, Faust takes a second to reflect on his journey as an artist and count his blessings. As the Brooklyn emcee adjusts to his surreal lifestyle, he realizes just how good things are compared to how bad they could be: “Think about how bad things that could be / How bad can it be when I’m livin’ a movie / When I’m walking in the shoes of the ni**as with groupies.” In between verses, producer Sunny Jones lends his vocals to the dreamy chorus. Maybe Now Begins is a reflective record with a grimy edge (thanks to that filthy kick-snare combo), reminiscent of Drake’s Light Up. In addition to the knocking beat, Faust shines on his own, flowing effortlessly over ever crash of the snare. In short, this single is dope and a promising glimpse into the Booth-hosted FAUST, out in about 20 days.
Written by CourtlandHH on 04/27/11
Submit your Rating
Yatta Mayjour Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Book of Faust" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.