As Ice Cube so famously laid out, there’s nothing quite as good as a good day, unless of course it’s a good night. Did that make any sense? The point is, deeply creative Brooklyn emcee Chris Faust is here with a new single called Good Days, Good Nights, and, fittingly, it sounds pretty damn good. In sharp contrast to his dark debut The Book of Faust, but closer to his previous offering Looking Back, Good Days is a jazzy, lightly jamming track buoyed by producer Ibe’s funky beat and some top shelf horn work from Carras Patton. Of course, all this instrumental nicety would be nothing without some vocals, so luckily both guest singer Capri has just the hook to keep the party moving, and Mr. Faust chimes in with rhymes that are as easily enjoyable as they are lyrically astute. If his work on the Booth so far is any indication, Chris Faust’s narcissisticly titled new album Faust, coming soon, will be one hell of a versatile affair. Keep it locked to your boys in the Booth for more.
Yatta Mayjour Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Book of Faust" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.