As Ice Cube so famously laid out, there’s nothing quite as good as a good day, unless of course it’s a good night. Did that make any sense? The point is, deeply creative Brooklyn emcee Chris Faust is here with a new single called Good Days, Good Nights, and, fittingly, it sounds pretty damn good. In sharp contrast to his dark debut The Book of Faust, but closer to his previous offering Looking Back, Good Days is a jazzy, lightly jamming track buoyed by producer Ibe’s funky beat and some top shelf horn work from Carras Patton. Of course, all this instrumental nicety would be nothing without some vocals, so luckily both guest singer Capri has just the hook to keep the party moving, and Mr. Faust chimes in with rhymes that are as easily enjoyable as they are lyrically astute. If his work on the Booth so far is any indication, Chris Faust’s narcissisticly titled new album Faust, coming soon, will be one hell of a versatile affair. Keep it locked to your boys in the Booth for more.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/20/10
Submit your Rating
Yatta Mayjour Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Book of Faust" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.