As Ice Cube so famously laid out, there’s nothing quite as good as a good day, unless of course it’s a good night. Did that make any sense? The point is, deeply creative Brooklyn emcee Chris Faust is here with a new single called Good Days, Good Nights, and, fittingly, it sounds pretty damn good. In sharp contrast to his dark debut The Book of Faust, but closer to his previous offering Looking Back, Good Days is a jazzy, lightly jamming track buoyed by producer Ibe’s funky beat and some top shelf horn work from Carras Patton. Of course, all this instrumental nicety would be nothing without some vocals, so luckily both guest singer Capri has just the hook to keep the party moving, and Mr. Faust chimes in with rhymes that are as easily enjoyable as they are lyrically astute. If his work on the Booth so far is any indication, Chris Faust’s narcissisticly titled new album Faust, coming soon, will be one hell of a versatile affair. Keep it locked to your boys in the Booth for more.
Yatta Mayjour Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Book of Faust" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!