As Ice Cube so famously laid out, there’s nothing quite as good as a good day, unless of course it’s a good night. Did that make any sense? The point is, deeply creative Brooklyn emcee Chris Faust is here with a new single called Good Days, Good Nights, and, fittingly, it sounds pretty damn good. In sharp contrast to his dark debut The Book of Faust, but closer to his previous offering Looking Back, Good Days is a jazzy, lightly jamming track buoyed by producer Ibe’s funky beat and some top shelf horn work from Carras Patton. Of course, all this instrumental nicety would be nothing without some vocals, so luckily both guest singer Capri has just the hook to keep the party moving, and Mr. Faust chimes in with rhymes that are as easily enjoyable as they are lyrically astute. If his work on the Booth so far is any indication, Chris Faust’s narcissisticly titled new album Faust, coming soon, will be one hell of a versatile affair. Keep it locked to your boys in the Booth for more.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/20/10
Submit your Rating
Yatta Mayjour Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Book of Faust" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.