In a German legend famously reinterpreted in plays by Christopher Marlowe and Goethe, a man named Faust makes a pact with the devil in order to satisfy his hunger for earthly knowledge. Now, I’m definitely not implying that Booth newcomer Christopher Faust got his rapping skills from the main downstairs, I’m just saying there’s underground hip-hop and then there’s underground hip-hop. In any case, the Brooklynite seems to be making the most of the spooky literary allusion, as evidenced by newly-leaked cut The Book of Faust. Backed by the ominous, cinematic boardwork of Atticus Ross, CF stares into the figurative abyss, preparing to throw caution to the wind in pursuit of his musical ambitions, “I’m on the edge, no looking back… your bed’s made, leave your old life on the tracks.” As if Faust’s dark lyrical vision wasn’t unconventional enough, the artist forgoes the traditional hook in favor of an eerie sung outro featuring guest vocals by Cocoa Sarai. Intrigued by this up-and-comer’s left-of-center style? Grab a copy of his latest project, the half-self-titled FAUST, when it drops April 12.
Written by richard on 02/8/10
Submit your Rating
Yatta Mayjour Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mind Over Matter" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.