Since the 2012 lauch of his VILLAIN trilogy, Chris Faust has been keeping listeners entertained with tales of his diabolical schemes. According to narrative conventions, Issue Three of Three should feature the NYC rhymesayer’s most fiendish plot yet, but on inaugural promo single Black Manta he’s more concerned with his travel plans than conquest of the globe. Here, the overarching theme of an aquatic voyage enables him to tackle a surprising variety of serious topics, from racial politics to the music game’s changing attitude toward homosexuality. Joining Faust over Hannibal King‘s wavy sample work, Tanya Morgan member Donwill contributes a lyrically impressive closing 16. The thrilling conclusion to Faust’s EP series remains unscheduled but, as always, fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for the latest details.
Written by richard on 01/7/14
Submit your Rating
Yatta Mayjour Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Book of Faust" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.