Since the 2012 lauch of his VILLAIN trilogy, Chris Faust has been keeping listeners entertained with tales of his diabolical schemes. According to narrative conventions, Issue Three of Three should feature the NYC rhymesayer’s most fiendish plot yet, but on inaugural promo single Black Manta he’s more concerned with his travel plans than conquest of the globe. Here, the overarching theme of an aquatic voyage enables him to tackle a surprising variety of serious topics, from racial politics to the music game’s changing attitude toward homosexuality. Joining Faust over Hannibal King‘s wavy sample work, Tanya Morgan member Donwill contributes a lyrically impressive closing 16. The thrilling conclusion to Faust’s EP series remains unscheduled but, as always, fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for the latest details.
Written by richard on 01/7/14
Yatta Mayjour Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Book of Faust" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)