If you were to ask Chris Faust what he wanted out of life, he’d respond without hesitation, “More.” More what? More money, more women, more money, more clothes, more shows, more everything. Though 54 to Barclays, the latest single off Faust’s next street album, chronicles the Brooklyn hopeful’s feverish efforts to outdo himself with this rap sh*t, the record’s overall mood is surprisingly chill. Frequent collaborator WoodysProduce‘s breezy, melodic sample work (Anyone I.D. the source?) backs the emcee as he spits a self-assured chronicle of his hustle, seasoning his verses with geographical references to his native borough. Fans will be able to find this cut, April’s reader-approved Prom Queen and much more on Faust’s forthcoming, currently unscheduled A Cool Cruel World LP.
Written by richard on 06/24/13
Submit your Rating
Yatta Mayjour Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Book of Faust" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.