If you were to ask Chris Faust what he wanted out of life, he’d respond without hesitation, “More.” More what? More money, more women, more money, more clothes, more shows, more everything. Though 54 to Barclays, the latest single off Faust’s next street album, chronicles the Brooklyn hopeful’s feverish efforts to outdo himself with this rap sh*t, the record’s overall mood is surprisingly chill. Frequent collaborator WoodysProduce‘s breezy, melodic sample work (Anyone I.D. the source?) backs the emcee as he spits a self-assured chronicle of his hustle, seasoning his verses with geographical references to his native borough. Fans will be able to find this cut, April’s reader-approved Prom Queen and much more on Faust’s forthcoming, currently unscheduled A Cool Cruel World LP.
Written by richard on 06/24/13
Yatta Mayjour Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Book of Faust" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.