If you were to ask Chris Faust what he wanted out of life, he’d respond without hesitation, “More.” More what? More money, more women, more money, more clothes, more shows, more everything. Though 54 to Barclays, the latest single off Faust’s next street album, chronicles the Brooklyn hopeful’s feverish efforts to outdo himself with this rap sh*t, the record’s overall mood is surprisingly chill. Frequent collaborator WoodysProduce‘s breezy, melodic sample work (Anyone I.D. the source?) backs the emcee as he spits a self-assured chronicle of his hustle, seasoning his verses with geographical references to his native borough. Fans will be able to find this cut, April’s reader-approved Prom Queen and much more on Faust’s forthcoming, currently unscheduled A Cool Cruel World LP.
Written by richard on 06/24/13
Submit your Rating
Yatta Mayjour Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Book of Faust" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.