If you were to ask Chris Faust what he wanted out of life, he’d respond without hesitation, “More.” More what? More money, more women, more money, more clothes, more shows, more everything. Though 54 to Barclays, the latest single off Faust’s next street album, chronicles the Brooklyn hopeful’s feverish efforts to outdo himself with this rap sh*t, the record’s overall mood is surprisingly chill. Frequent collaborator WoodysProduce‘s breezy, melodic sample work (Anyone I.D. the source?) backs the emcee as he spits a self-assured chronicle of his hustle, seasoning his verses with geographical references to his native borough. Fans will be able to find this cut, April’s reader-approved Prom Queen and much more on Faust’s forthcoming, currently unscheduled A Cool Cruel World LP.
Yatta Mayjour Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Book of Faust" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!