If you were to ask Chris Faust what he wanted out of life, he’d respond without hesitation, “More.” More what? More money, more women, more money, more clothes, more shows, more everything. Though 54 to Barclays, the latest single off Faust’s next street album, chronicles the Brooklyn hopeful’s feverish efforts to outdo himself with this rap sh*t, the record’s overall mood is surprisingly chill. Frequent collaborator WoodysProduce‘s breezy, melodic sample work (Anyone I.D. the source?) backs the emcee as he spits a self-assured chronicle of his hustle, seasoning his verses with geographical references to his native borough. Fans will be able to find this cut, April’s reader-approved Prom Queen and much more on Faust’s forthcoming, currently unscheduled A Cool Cruel World LP.
Written by richard on 06/24/13
Submit your Rating
Yatta Mayjour Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Book of Faust" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.