Halloween is long gone, but Chris Cartier, formerly known as Ab’stract, is still on a mission to spook you. The visuals for his latest song release, The Flame, include an ominous forest, some flaming mannequins and clown masks; so yeah, it’s just a tad bit creepy. On the mic, the Bronx native terrifies his fellow emcees. Atop the edgy, heavy-handed production work of Privilidge M, Cartier impresses with a burst of energy and a forceful, fervent flow. This venomous approach is the perfect delivery method for his brash, in your face bars. Though The Flame is set to appear on his “next project,” it is unknown when the untitled set will be released (sometime in 2014).
Written by Lucas G. on 11/15/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.