Halloween is long gone, but Chris Cartier, formerly known as Ab’stract, is still on a mission to spook you. The visuals for his latest song release, The Flame, include an ominous forest, some flaming mannequins and clown masks; so yeah, it’s just a tad bit creepy. On the mic, the Bronx native terrifies his fellow emcees. Atop the edgy, heavy-handed production work of Privilidge M, Cartier impresses with a burst of energy and a forceful, fervent flow. This venomous approach is the perfect delivery method for his brash, in your face bars. Though The Flame is set to appear on his “next project,” it is unknown when the untitled set will be released (sometime in 2014).
Written by Lucas G. on 11/15/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.