It’s been a while since we last heard from Chris Cartier. Following this past November’s DJBooth feature for The Flame, the NYC native’s been working so hard that he feels Half Dead. But don’t worry. He still has enough left in him to stunt on all of the haters. On the 20-year-old emcee’s latest single, producer JWiz samples Imogen Heap’s popular Headlock record to create beat that sounds like it’s on its way to the other side. But after hearing Chris’ optimistic declaration of his future success, we can assure you that the only thing that’s on its way out is his hiatus. He also keeps you on your toes with curve-ball lines like, “I’m on the road to making mill-ions / I can fund…a tuition for ya newborn suckers.” Look for Chris to continue rhyming like a mixture of him and him on his upcoming project, God Don’t Like Ugly, due out this summer.
Update: We have added the F.Trackfilms-directed visuals for Chris Cartier’s Half Dead single.
Written by Bryan H on 04/24/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.