It’s been a while since we last heard from Chris Cartier. Following this past November’s DJBooth feature for The Flame, the NYC native’s been working so hard that he feels Half Dead. But don’t worry. He still has enough left in him to stunt on all of the haters. On the 20-year-old emcee’s latest single, producer JWiz samples Imogen Heap’s popular Headlock record to create beat that sounds like it’s on its way to the other side. But after hearing Chris’ optimistic declaration of his future success, we can assure you that the only thing that’s on its way out is his hiatus. He also keeps you on your toes with curve-ball lines like, “I’m on the road to making mill-ions / I can fund…a tuition for ya newborn suckers.” Look for Chris to continue rhyming like a mixture of him and him on his upcoming project, God Don’t Like Ugly, due out this summer.
Update: We have added the F.Trackfilms-directed visuals for Chris Cartier’s Half Dead single.
Written by Bryan H on 04/24/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)