It’s been a while since we last heard from Chris Cartier. Following this past November’s DJBooth feature for The Flame, the NYC native’s been working so hard that he feels Half Dead. But don’t worry. He still has enough left in him to stunt on all of the haters. On the 20-year-old emcee’s latest single, producer JWiz samples Imogen Heap’s popular Headlock record to create beat that sounds like it’s on its way to the other side. But after hearing Chris’ optimistic declaration of his future success, we can assure you that the only thing that’s on its way out is his hiatus. He also keeps you on your toes with curve-ball lines like, “I’m on the road to making mill-ions / I can fund…a tuition for ya newborn suckers.” Look for Chris to continue rhyming like a mixture of him and him on his upcoming project, God Don’t Like Ugly, due out this summer.
Update: We have added the F.Trackfilms-directed visuals for Chris Cartier’s Half Dead single.
Written by Bryan H on 04/24/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.