For a minute, we’ve known one of the meanings behind the title of Chris Brown‘s sixth full-length: “X” stands for the fact that each of the project’s two discs features 10 songs. With the release of the title track and latest single, though, another meaning comes to light. This cut features Breezy addressing an (e)X of the female variety. Diplo plays against type on the production tip, cooking up a complex, atmospheric synth beat that only gradually blossoms into one of his trademark dancefloor-scorchers. Breezy switches things up on the vocal tip as well; over the course of the song, he builds from earthy lows to stuttering wails. Fans will be able to find this epic jam, the previously-featured New Flame and much more on X (the album), due out September 16 via RCA Records.
Written by richard on 08/22/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.