For a minute, we’ve known one of the meanings behind the title of Chris Brown‘s sixth full-length: “X” stands for the fact that each of the project’s two discs features 10 songs. With the release of the title track and latest single, though, another meaning comes to light. This cut features Breezy addressing an (e)X of the female variety. Diplo plays against type on the production tip, cooking up a complex, atmospheric synth beat that only gradually blossoms into one of his trademark dancefloor-scorchers. Breezy switches things up on the vocal tip as well; over the course of the song, he builds from earthy lows to stuttering wails. Fans will be able to find this epic jam, the previously-featured New Flame and much more on X (the album), due out September 16 via RCA Records.
Written by richard on 08/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.