Add the opening line: “To The Left, To The Left” and in essence Chris Brown’s new single choice, With You, immediately becomes the chart-topping Beyonce smash, Irreplaceable. Is this Chris’ fault? Of course not, Brown kills the beat and has guaranteed himself another Billboard climber. So whose fault is the similarity? Well, other than Chris’ A&R’s at Jive Records, how about the song’s producers: Stargate. To quote our very own Nathan S., “[the] acoustic guitars and live drums sound so much like Stargate’s other smash hit Irreplaceable they should sue themselves.” Regardless, the single selection should only help expand Chris’ chart-toppers list and increase sales on his sophomore LP, Exclusive.
Written by DJ Z on 11/13/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.