Add the opening line: “To The Left, To The Left” and in essence Chris Brown’s new single choice, With You, immediately becomes the chart-topping Beyonce smash, Irreplaceable. Is this Chris’ fault? Of course not, Brown kills the beat and has guaranteed himself another Billboard climber. So whose fault is the similarity? Well, other than Chris’ A&R’s at Jive Records, how about the song’s producers: Stargate. To quote our very own Nathan S., “[the] acoustic guitars and live drums sound so much like Stargate’s other smash hit Irreplaceable they should sue themselves.” Regardless, the single selection should only help expand Chris’ chart-toppers list and increase sales on his sophomore LP, Exclusive.
Written by DJ Z on 11/13/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.