Add the opening line: “To The Left, To The Left” and in essence Chris Brown’s new single choice, With You, immediately becomes the chart-topping Beyonce smash, Irreplaceable. Is this Chris’ fault? Of course not, Brown kills the beat and has guaranteed himself another Billboard climber. So whose fault is the similarity? Well, other than Chris’ A&R’s at Jive Records, how about the song’s producers: Stargate. To quote our very own Nathan S., “[the] acoustic guitars and live drums sound so much like Stargate’s other smash hit Irreplaceable they should sue themselves.” Regardless, the single selection should only help expand Chris’ chart-toppers list and increase sales on his sophomore LP, Exclusive.
Written by DJ Z on 11/13/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.