Add the opening line: “To The Left, To The Left” and in essence Chris Brown’s new single choice, With You, immediately becomes the chart-topping Beyonce smash, Irreplaceable. Is this Chris’ fault? Of course not, Brown kills the beat and has guaranteed himself another Billboard climber. So whose fault is the similarity? Well, other than Chris’ A&R’s at Jive Records, how about the song’s producers: Stargate. To quote our very own Nathan S., “[the] acoustic guitars and live drums sound so much like Stargate’s other smash hit Irreplaceable they should sue themselves.” Regardless, the single selection should only help expand Chris’ chart-toppers list and increase sales on his sophomore LP, Exclusive.
Written by DJ Z on 11/13/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.