Add the opening line: “To The Left, To The Left” and in essence Chris Brown’s new single choice, With You, immediately becomes the chart-topping Beyonce smash, Irreplaceable. Is this Chris’ fault? Of course not, Brown kills the beat and has guaranteed himself another Billboard climber. So whose fault is the similarity? Well, other than Chris’ A&R’s at Jive Records, how about the song’s producers: Stargate. To quote our very own Nathan S., “[the] acoustic guitars and live drums sound so much like Stargate’s other smash hit Irreplaceable they should sue themselves.” Regardless, the single selection should only help expand Chris’ chart-toppers list and increase sales on his sophomore LP, Exclusive.
Written by DJ Z on 11/13/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.