After a tear-stained MJ Tribute, a hit single that’s also become popular slang (Deuces) and a growing number of guest features (see Keri Hilson’s One Night Stand), I think it’s safe to say that the Chris Brown comeback tour is well underway. Today that tour makes a stop in bedroom’s nationwide with the release of Wet the Bed, a slowly dripping (literally) bedroom burner produced by Bigg D, who works in every traditional baby maker production element, from acoustic guitar lines to pounding percussion. Vocally Brown delivers a typically sultry performance sure to have the ladies hyperventilating, while Ludacris provides the rap muscle on a guest verse (fitting considering his verse on Missy’s One Minute Man was the first time I heard the “wet” double entrendre used). Personally I have a hard time getting in the mood when the hook of a song is also something I tell my baby daughter not to do, but my neuroses shouldn’t stop the rest of the Booth from getting down if they so choose. Either way, a final verdict on Brown’s comeback will be delivered in the form of new album F.A.M.E., arriving March 22.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.