After a tear-stained MJ Tribute, a hit single that’s also become popular slang (Deuces) and a growing number of guest features (see Keri Hilson’s One Night Stand), I think it’s safe to say that the Chris Brown comeback tour is well underway. Today that tour makes a stop in bedroom’s nationwide with the release of Wet the Bed, a slowly dripping (literally) bedroom burner produced by Bigg D, who works in every traditional baby maker production element, from acoustic guitar lines to pounding percussion. Vocally Brown delivers a typically sultry performance sure to have the ladies hyperventilating, while Ludacris provides the rap muscle on a guest verse (fitting considering his verse on Missy’s One Minute Man was the first time I heard the “wet” double entrendre used). Personally I have a hard time getting in the mood when the hook of a song is also something I tell my baby daughter not to do, but my neuroses shouldn’t stop the rest of the Booth from getting down if they so choose. Either way, a final verdict on Brown’s comeback will be delivered in the form of new album F.A.M.E., arriving March 22.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/9/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.