Not since T.I. got busted with enough guns to start a small war has the game seen drama like this. Chris Brown, a young star poised to take over the world, is convicted of beating his equally famous girlfriend, forever scarring his good boy image. No one saw this coming, but Brown hasn’t let a little thing like community service stop him from putting in time in the studio. The young (former) prince of R&B is back with his new single I Can Transform Ya, a hard-rock edged and appropriately robotic banger featuring production from Swizz Beatz and verses from Weezy, who drops more than a couple great sexual Transformer references (“tell ya man to get his Voltron up”). Will the Rihanna assault hurt his career permanently, or will Chris Breezy be able to pick up where he left off? We’ll find out when his third album Graffiti drops Dec. 15.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/30/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.