Not since T.I. got busted with enough guns to start a small war has the game seen drama like this. Chris Brown, a young star poised to take over the world, is convicted of beating his equally famous girlfriend, forever scarring his good boy image. No one saw this coming, but Brown hasn’t let a little thing like community service stop him from putting in time in the studio. The young (former) prince of R&B is back with his new single I Can Transform Ya, a hard-rock edged and appropriately robotic banger featuring production from Swizz Beatz and verses from Weezy, who drops more than a couple great sexual Transformer references (“tell ya man to get his Voltron up”). Will the Rihanna assault hurt his career permanently, or will Chris Breezy be able to pick up where he left off? We’ll find out when his third album Graffiti drops Dec. 15.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/30/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.