Not since T.I. got busted with enough guns to start a small war has the game seen drama like this. Chris Brown, a young star poised to take over the world, is convicted of beating his equally famous girlfriend, forever scarring his good boy image. No one saw this coming, but Brown hasn’t let a little thing like community service stop him from putting in time in the studio. The young (former) prince of R&B is back with his new single I Can Transform Ya, a hard-rock edged and appropriately robotic banger featuring production from Swizz Beatz and verses from Weezy, who drops more than a couple great sexual Transformer references (“tell ya man to get his Voltron up”). Will the Rihanna assault hurt his career permanently, or will Chris Breezy be able to pick up where he left off? We’ll find out when his third album Graffiti drops Dec. 15.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/30/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.