While Chris Brown‘s recent flirtations with rap have garnered him largely positive reviews in the Booth, readers weren’t quite so kind in mid-March, when the artist returned to his usual lane with the smooth, sensual F*ck the City Up. With his fifth studio album due out in little more than a month, can he recapture fans’ hearts and eardrums in time to make the set a blockbuster? Today, Breezy makes his latest play for radio success with new single Sweet Love, another jam which—if the title didn’t tip you off—finds the artist rocking his R&B/pop hat. In a few words, this record is pure ear-candy; Polow Da Don turns in a beat that’s almost overwhelming in its bubblegum-pop appeal, layering iridescent synth swirls over reverb-drenched handclaps and warm bass tones as Brown states his intention to give a certain shawty the night of her life. With an attention-grabbing sound and sexually-charged subject matter, this dreamy bedroom burner seems to have the makings of a hit—but, as always, I’ll let readers have the final say. Fans can expect one more single, a hip-hop informed effort titled Til I Die, between now and May 4, when Fortune is set to hit record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 05/25/12
History has provided us with a long list of shocking moments: David the lowly shepherd manages to take down the mighty Goliath, JFK is assassinated on a calm Texas day, T-Pain starts singing without Auto-Tune. These are all...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)