While Chris Brown‘s recent flirtations with rap have garnered him largely positive reviews in the Booth, readers weren’t quite so kind in mid-March, when the artist returned to his usual lane with the smooth, sensual F*ck the City Up. With his fifth studio album due out in little more than a month, can he recapture fans’ hearts and eardrums in time to make the set a blockbuster? Today, Breezy makes his latest play for radio success with new single Sweet Love, another jam which—if the title didn’t tip you off—finds the artist rocking his R&B/pop hat. In a few words, this record is pure ear-candy; Polow Da Don turns in a beat that’s almost overwhelming in its bubblegum-pop appeal, layering iridescent synth swirls over reverb-drenched handclaps and warm bass tones as Brown states his intention to give a certain shawty the night of her life. With an attention-grabbing sound and sexually-charged subject matter, this dreamy bedroom burner seems to have the makings of a hit—but, as always, I’ll let readers have the final say. Fans can expect one more single, a hip-hop informed effort titled Til I Die, between now and May 4, when Fortune is set to hit record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 05/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.