While Chris Brown‘s recent flirtations with rap have garnered him largely positive reviews in the Booth, readers weren’t quite so kind in mid-March, when the artist returned to his usual lane with the smooth, sensual F*ck the City Up. With his fifth studio album due out in little more than a month, can he recapture fans’ hearts and eardrums in time to make the set a blockbuster? Today, Breezy makes his latest play for radio success with new single Sweet Love, another jam which—if the title didn’t tip you off—finds the artist rocking his R&B/pop hat. In a few words, this record is pure ear-candy; Polow Da Don turns in a beat that’s almost overwhelming in its bubblegum-pop appeal, layering iridescent synth swirls over reverb-drenched handclaps and warm bass tones as Brown states his intention to give a certain shawty the night of her life. With an attention-grabbing sound and sexually-charged subject matter, this dreamy bedroom burner seems to have the makings of a hit—but, as always, I’ll let readers have the final say. Fans can expect one more single, a hip-hop informed effort titled Til I Die, between now and May 4, when Fortune is set to hit record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 05/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)