The last time we heard a solo single from the comeback prince Chris Brown he was traveling deep into sexual entendre territory, promising the ladies that his moves in the sack will Wet the Bed. This time around he’s dropped even the shallowest pretense at entendre and simply cut right to the chase: “I just wanna see you Strip right now cause it’s late.” Well then, message received. Increasingly omnipresent production duo Tha Bizness provides Breezy with the beat, running through the catchy R&B/pop template with shaking percussion and easily enjoyable synths. For the obligatory rap-verse-on-a-radio-R&B-song feature Brown goes back to his Deuces compatriot Kevin McCall (who I thought unjustly got the boot from all those Deuces remixes), balancing out McCall’s more deep voiced rhymes with some of his trademark crooning while he keeps the lyrics sexy, but not too X-Rated for the radio. To tide fans over until his next currently unscheduled full length album Fortune drops, Brown will be rolling out a new mixtape, Boy in Detention, set to drop on August 5. Until then, ladies, you know what Brown wants you to do…..
Written by Nathan S. on 08/2/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.