With his current single, Crawl, Chris Brown reclaimed his place in the hearts of listeners in the Booth and beyond, earning a more-than-impressive four-star average reader rating and soaring to the number-one spot on our own R&B Chart. Of course, that record’s only the beginning – to stay in fans’ good graces, he’s got to keep the hits coming. Leaked last Friday via the artist’s Twitter, follow-up Sing Like Me sees CB making the ladies an offer they simply can’t refuse: simply step into his bedroom for a free voice lesson and he’ll have you hitting those soulful high notes in no time flat. Complete with steamy synths and exotic string riffs (courtesy of Big Makk, Keith Thomas & Big Lo), this radio-ready ballad’s has just about everything slow-jam aficionados could ask for, but will CB’s switch from tearful remorse to player-riffic game-spitting fly with listeners who praised his previous selection for its heartfelt sincerity? You be the jury. Whichever side of the singer you prefer, you’re sure to find more to your liking on Graffiti, set to hit stores and online retailers on December 8.
Listen to More: Chris Brown
Written by richard on 11/15/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.