With his current single, Crawl, Chris Brown reclaimed his place in the hearts of listeners in the Booth and beyond, earning a more-than-impressive four-star average reader rating and soaring to the number-one spot on our own R&B Chart. Of course, that record’s only the beginning – to stay in fans’ good graces, he’s got to keep the hits coming. Leaked last Friday via the artist’s Twitter, follow-up Sing Like Me sees CB making the ladies an offer they simply can’t refuse: simply step into his bedroom for a free voice lesson and he’ll have you hitting those soulful high notes in no time flat. Complete with steamy synths and exotic string riffs (courtesy of Big Makk, Keith Thomas & Big Lo), this radio-ready ballad’s has just about everything slow-jam aficionados could ask for, but will CB’s switch from tearful remorse to player-riffic game-spitting fly with listeners who praised his previous selection for its heartfelt sincerity? You be the jury. Whichever side of the singer you prefer, you’re sure to find more to your liking on Graffiti, set to hit stores and online retailers on December 8.
Written by richard on 11/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.