With his current single, Crawl, Chris Brown reclaimed his place in the hearts of listeners in the Booth and beyond, earning a more-than-impressive four-star average reader rating and soaring to the number-one spot on our own R&B Chart. Of course, that record’s only the beginning – to stay in fans’ good graces, he’s got to keep the hits coming. Leaked last Friday via the artist’s Twitter, follow-up Sing Like Me sees CB making the ladies an offer they simply can’t refuse: simply step into his bedroom for a free voice lesson and he’ll have you hitting those soulful high notes in no time flat. Complete with steamy synths and exotic string riffs (courtesy of Big Makk, Keith Thomas & Big Lo), this radio-ready ballad’s has just about everything slow-jam aficionados could ask for, but will CB’s switch from tearful remorse to player-riffic game-spitting fly with listeners who praised his previous selection for its heartfelt sincerity? You be the jury. Whichever side of the singer you prefer, you’re sure to find more to your liking on Graffiti, set to hit stores and online retailers on December 8.
Written by richard on 11/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)