He sings. He dances. He has had his fair share of issues with women. And he has millions of adoring fans. While that lead could be in reference to the longstanding and still current King of R&B, Usher Raymod, it’s actually about comeback kid Chris Brown. Alongside one of his major musical influences the embattled superstar has made his post-jail return to music on New Flame. The single, produced by Count Justice, finds the RCA recording artists encouraging a young lady to find love together, since if they’re “with it,” they’ll love them “crazy.” (Quite a questionable descriptor considering Brown’s past, no?) Rick Ross hops on the back end of the track to supply additional name value and a predictable guest 16. Brown’s performance at the 2014 BET Awards will be discussed on Monday morning, but what many will still be wondering is if the show buzz and this new single will get the long-delayed X a formal release date.
UPDATE: We have added the Mike Ho-directed visuals for Brown’s New Flame single.
Written by DJ Z on 06/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.