Imagine for a moment that you’re world-famous R&B megastar Chris Brown, and you’re preparing to release your fifth blockbuster LP. And suppose you’ve got a few leftovers from the recording sessions—are you just going to let ‘em go to waste, or are you going to package them as a digital project and give your insatiable fanbase another opportunity to give you their hard-earned money? Thought so. (OK, you’re not Chris Brown anymore—it sucks, I know.) The latest release off the artist’s newly-announced outtakes collection, Get Down is a hip-hop-infused banger exquisitely crafted to set club dancefloors ablaze. Backed by Young Fyre‘s syncopated percussion and electronic squelches, Breezy chronicles his typical night out in melodically simple, yet characteristically infectious verses. ATL hitmaker B.o.B rides shotgun, flaunting his fly whip and flyer women on the closing verse, and T-Pain ties the package together with a self-harmonized hook. Brown’s newest RCA Records album, Fortune, is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers this Friday, June 29, and fans should keep it locked for the latest on the yet-unscheduled R&B-Sides collection.
Written by richard on 06/26/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)