Imagine for a moment that you’re world-famous R&B megastar Chris Brown, and you’re preparing to release your fifth blockbuster LP. And suppose you’ve got a few leftovers from the recording sessions—are you just going to let ‘em go to waste, or are you going to package them as a digital project and give your insatiable fanbase another opportunity to give you their hard-earned money? Thought so. (OK, you’re not Chris Brown anymore—it sucks, I know.) The latest release off the artist’s newly-announced outtakes collection, Get Down is a hip-hop-infused banger exquisitely crafted to set club dancefloors ablaze. Backed by Young Fyre‘s syncopated percussion and electronic squelches, Breezy chronicles his typical night out in melodically simple, yet characteristically infectious verses. ATL hitmaker B.o.B rides shotgun, flaunting his fly whip and flyer women on the closing verse, and T-Pain ties the package together with a self-harmonized hook. Brown’s newest RCA Records album, Fortune, is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers this Friday, June 29, and fans should keep it locked for the latest on the yet-unscheduled R&B-Sides collection.
Written by richard on 06/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)