If you clicked play on F**k The City Up and expected to hear Chris Brown singing over T.I.’s trap-tastic banger of the same name, then I’m sorry to say you’ll be disappointed. However, if you clicked “Listen Now” expecting to hear Brown croon over a track that your girlfriend will surely retweet with a “heart” emoticon, then you’ve come to the right place. Produced by Drumma Boy, F**K The City Up is the second record dropped by Chris (via Twitter) since last Thursday (see previous feature How I Feel). With head-nodding production that sets the tone nicely, Chris dives in and lyrically sets the mood as he describes his plans to arrive at a special ladies’ house, break down the doors of her bedroom and subsequently knock the pictures off the wall. Figuratively, of course…or is it? No word if How I Feel and/or F**K The City Up will make Brown’s forthcoming Fortune LP, set for release this May, but if these new records are any indication of what to expect, then a hot summer may be starting a little earlier this year.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 03/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.