To say that Chris Brown has been a controversial figure over the past few years would be like saying water’s wet, but the consummate hitmaker has only one simple request: Don’t Judge Me. For the latest single selection from Brown’s recently released Fortune album Breezy shifts into ballad mode thanks to a beat from The Messengers that stays soft and steady, even making a foray into acoustic guitar territory. It’s a great blank template for Brown to deliver some impassioned, personal lyrics promising a potential girl that while things may be ugly now, there’s nothing but beauty on the way (provided no one gets too judgmental). Fans of Brown have undoubtedly already picked up a copy of Fortune, and responded to my judgement of the album, but be sure to let us know what you think about Brown’s latest (and greatest?) in the comments below.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/31/12
History has provided us with a long list of shocking moments: David the lowly shepherd manages to take down the mighty Goliath, JFK is assassinated on a calm Texas day, T-Pain starts singing without Auto-Tune. These are all...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.