To say that Chris Brown has been a controversial figure over the past few years would be like saying water’s wet, but the consummate hitmaker has only one simple request: Don’t Judge Me. For the latest single selection from Brown’s recently released Fortune album Breezy shifts into ballad mode thanks to a beat from The Messengers that stays soft and steady, even making a foray into acoustic guitar territory. It’s a great blank template for Brown to deliver some impassioned, personal lyrics promising a potential girl that while things may be ugly now, there’s nothing but beauty on the way (provided no one gets too judgmental). Fans of Brown have undoubtedly already picked up a copy of Fortune, and responded to my judgement of the album, but be sure to let us know what you think about Brown’s latest (and greatest?) in the comments below.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/31/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)