To say that Chris Brown has been a controversial figure over the past few years would be like saying water’s wet, but the consummate hitmaker has only one simple request: Don’t Judge Me. For the latest single selection from Brown’s recently released Fortune album Breezy shifts into ballad mode thanks to a beat from The Messengers that stays soft and steady, even making a foray into acoustic guitar territory. It’s a great blank template for Brown to deliver some impassioned, personal lyrics promising a potential girl that while things may be ugly now, there’s nothing but beauty on the way (provided no one gets too judgmental). Fans of Brown have undoubtedly already picked up a copy of Fortune, and responded to my judgement of the album, but be sure to let us know what you think about Brown’s latest (and greatest?) in the comments below.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/31/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.