To say that Chris Brown has been a controversial figure over the past few years would be like saying water’s wet, but the consummate hitmaker has only one simple request: Don’t Judge Me. For the latest single selection from Brown’s recently released Fortune album Breezy shifts into ballad mode thanks to a beat from The Messengers that stays soft and steady, even making a foray into acoustic guitar territory. It’s a great blank template for Brown to deliver some impassioned, personal lyrics promising a potential girl that while things may be ugly now, there’s nothing but beauty on the way (provided no one gets too judgmental). Fans of Brown have undoubtedly already picked up a copy of Fortune, and responded to my judgement of the album, but be sure to let us know what you think about Brown’s latest (and greatest?) in the comments below.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/31/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.