To say that Chris Brown has been a controversial figure over the past few years would be like saying water’s wet, but the consummate hitmaker has only one simple request: Don’t Judge Me. For the latest single selection from Brown’s recently released Fortune album Breezy shifts into ballad mode thanks to a beat from The Messengers that stays soft and steady, even making a foray into acoustic guitar territory. It’s a great blank template for Brown to deliver some impassioned, personal lyrics promising a potential girl that while things may be ugly now, there’s nothing but beauty on the way (provided no one gets too judgmental). Fans of Brown have undoubtedly already picked up a copy of Fortune, and responded to my judgement of the album, but be sure to let us know what you think about Brown’s latest (and greatest?) in the comments below.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/31/12
History has provided us with a long list of shocking moments: David the lowly shepherd manages to take down the mighty Goliath, JFK is assassinated on a calm Texas day, T-Pain starts singing without Auto-Tune. These are all...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)