Chris who? Let’s not fool ourselves, this isn’t Chris Brown’s song anymore (or Tyga‘s for that matter). When the lineup for Deuces’ remix was announced, it became the star-studded guest’s show. Produced by K-Mack, the minimalistic beat allows the emcees to go to work, and work they do. Drake begins the cut and lulls the listener in on the first verse – “You feel like you miss those happy days / Well girl that makes two of us “ while T.I. shifts the tempo with the change of the instrumental and his flow – “To see her/ In that 2-seater/ No, that’s goin’ hurt your feelings boo.” Kanye West then comes along and lays down some braggadocious lines- “You gon’ be hot a little while/ I’ma be rich forever” - and Fabolous complements the mellow vibe with his relaxed punch lines – “C’mon that’s old news / Yesterday’s paper.” However, the most anticipated verse is saved for last; Andre 3000, and it’s safe to say he doesn’t disappoint – “Chase cabooses till the track’s gone/ I gotta find me a new locomotive, stop ‘makin sad songs.” So the only real question is, dear DJBoothers, who said peace the best?
Written by JRTheWriter on 10/3/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.