Last we heard from Chris Batson, the indie R&B buzzmaker was struggling to accept that the girl he loved no longer shared his feelings. Though he saw her departure coming from a mile away, that didn’t dull the sting of their parting, judging by ironically-titled promo single Painless. Here, the Orlando native’s own cavernous electronic boardwork, created in collaboration with Jordan Evans, accompanies the artist as he grieves the loss of his woman in mournful, falsetto-laced verses. This record is just a loosie, but fans should keep it locked for the latest on Batson’s next full-length, the currently unscheduled Love Never Dies.
Written by richard on 08/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tomorrow Will Be Better " (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.