Last we heard from Chris Batson, the indie R&B buzzmaker was struggling to accept that the girl he loved no longer shared his feelings. Though he saw her departure coming from a mile away, that didn’t dull the sting of their parting, judging by ironically-titled promo single Painless. Here, the Orlando native’s own cavernous electronic boardwork, created in collaboration with Jordan Evans, accompanies the artist as he grieves the loss of his woman in mournful, falsetto-laced verses. This record is just a loosie, but fans should keep it locked for the latest on Batson’s next full-length, the currently unscheduled Love Never Dies.
Written by richard on 08/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tomorrow Will Be Better " (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)