Last we heard from Chris Batson, the indie R&B buzzmaker was struggling to accept that the girl he loved no longer shared his feelings. Though he saw her departure coming from a mile away, that didn’t dull the sting of their parting, judging by ironically-titled promo single Painless. Here, the Orlando native’s own cavernous electronic boardwork, created in collaboration with Jordan Evans, accompanies the artist as he grieves the loss of his woman in mournful, falsetto-laced verses. This record is just a loosie, but fans should keep it locked for the latest on Batson’s next full-length, the currently unscheduled Love Never Dies.
Written by richard on 08/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tomorrow Will Be Better " (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.