Last we heard from Chris Batson, the indie R&B buzzmaker was struggling to accept that the girl he loved no longer shared his feelings. Though he saw her departure coming from a mile away, that didn’t dull the sting of their parting, judging by ironically-titled promo single Painless. Here, the Orlando native’s own cavernous electronic boardwork, created in collaboration with Jordan Evans, accompanies the artist as he grieves the loss of his woman in mournful, falsetto-laced verses. This record is just a loosie, but fans should keep it locked for the latest on Batson’s next full-length, the currently unscheduled Love Never Dies.
Written by richard on 08/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tomorrow Will Be Better " (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.