Last we heard from Chris Batson, the indie R&B buzzmaker was struggling to accept that the girl he loved no longer shared his feelings. Though he saw her departure coming from a mile away, that didn’t dull the sting of their parting, judging by ironically-titled promo single Painless. Here, the Orlando native’s own cavernous electronic boardwork, created in collaboration with Jordan Evans, accompanies the artist as he grieves the loss of his woman in mournful, falsetto-laced verses. This record is just a loosie, but fans should keep it locked for the latest on Batson’s next full-length, the currently unscheduled Love Never Dies.
Written by richard on 08/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tomorrow Will Be Better " (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.