B.G. has been a very busy man recently, promoting his upcoming solo album Too Hood 2 Be Hollywood, as well as the Chopper City Boyz’ August release, Live From the Concrete Jungle. Since Concrete’s first single, Bubblegum, wasn’t well-received by the Booth’s members, B. Gizzle, Snipe and Gar have sent us another featured track, Dealer. Listeners will be quick to point out the interpolation of Michael Jackson‘s classic Beat It on the song’s hook, but there’s plenty of depth to be found in each member’s verse. Producer Sean Shawneci delivers with a low-tone beat, presumably so the audience can focus on the Boyz’ gritty tales. For more stories of the street life, Live From the Concrete Jungle is set to hit stores and online retailers on September 16.
Written by Burmy on 07/14/08
Submit your Rating
Chopper City Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bubblegum ft. Chopper City Boyz" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.