Considering his last DJBooth feature, Chip Tha Ripper should have a full compliment of women – in fact an astounding 25 Wives – eager and waiting to cater to his ever need, but just in case his harem doesn’t come through he’d like to remind the world that he’s still looking for someone to Hold Me Down. On the beat side of the equation producers Who Cares, comprised of Big Duke and Chip, add only some deeper drums and some ambient vocals to essentially straight sample of Ice Cube’s more classic than classic It Was A Good Day (which itself samples the Isley Brothers’ Footsteps in the Dark). Just like Cube, Chip’s rhymes are blunted, relaxed and rolling as he details his daily regiment for improving his quality of life: “I wake, I bake, I drink, I meditate / thinkin of better ways to live on this Earth and get my cheddar straight.” Sounds like a good day to me. No word on a solid release date for Chip’s upcoming Tell Ya Friends project, but if enough people hold him down with high ratings and comments below, I’m sure that day will come sooner rather than later.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.