Considering his last DJBooth feature, Chip Tha Ripper should have a full compliment of women – in fact an astounding 25 Wives – eager and waiting to cater to his ever need, but just in case his harem doesn’t come through he’d like to remind the world that he’s still looking for someone to Hold Me Down. On the beat side of the equation producers Who Cares, comprised of Big Duke and Chip, add only some deeper drums and some ambient vocals to essentially straight sample of Ice Cube’s more classic than classic It Was A Good Day (which itself samples the Isley Brothers’ Footsteps in the Dark). Just like Cube, Chip’s rhymes are blunted, relaxed and rolling as he details his daily regiment for improving his quality of life: “I wake, I bake, I drink, I meditate / thinkin of better ways to live on this Earth and get my cheddar straight.” Sounds like a good day to me. No word on a solid release date for Chip’s upcoming Tell Ya Friends project, but if enough people hold him down with high ratings and comments below, I’m sure that day will come sooner rather than later.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.