Considering his last DJBooth feature, Chip Tha Ripper should have a full compliment of women – in fact an astounding 25 Wives – eager and waiting to cater to his ever need, but just in case his harem doesn’t come through he’d like to remind the world that he’s still looking for someone to Hold Me Down. On the beat side of the equation producers Who Cares, comprised of Big Duke and Chip, add only some deeper drums and some ambient vocals to essentially straight sample of Ice Cube’s more classic than classic It Was A Good Day (which itself samples the Isley Brothers’ Footsteps in the Dark). Just like Cube, Chip’s rhymes are blunted, relaxed and rolling as he details his daily regiment for improving his quality of life: “I wake, I bake, I drink, I meditate / thinkin of better ways to live on this Earth and get my cheddar straight.” Sounds like a good day to me. No word on a solid release date for Chip’s upcoming Tell Ya Friends project, but if enough people hold him down with high ratings and comments below, I’m sure that day will come sooner rather than later.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.