It’s almost impossible to listen to a Chip Tha Ripper track and not be immediately reminded of Kid Cudi. Chip’s deep voice aside, both have their own unique sound, both rap about clothes, weed and girls, and, perhaps not coincidentally, both are from the city of Cleveland. Further proof of Chip’s Cudiness (or vice-versa) can be found on his new track, Fat Raps, featuring Curren$y & Big Sean. Similar to his last mixtape leak Movie, Fat Raps combines a slow moving, mechanical and almost trippy beat from Chuck Inglish (of The Cool Kids fame) with Chip’s smooth, always witty lyrics. Unfortunately, Curren$y and Big Sean don’t bring much to the lyrical table, although the latter’s “New York to L.A. I beat the sunset,” is one of the track’s best lines. Regardless of guest features, Fat Raps shows why Cleveland might just be the new spot to watch for quality hip-hop. Fat Raps is the third leak off The Cleveland Show mixtape, due to hit your speakers in December.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!