I’ve been in this rap blogging game for a minute now and I thought I’d heard it all (after you’ve heard R. Kelly’s Sex Planet nothing shocks you), but I’d never heard an ode to polygamy…until today. Thanks Chip Tha Ripper! While we can certainly spend some time debating the practicality of actually having 25 Wives one thing that can’t be debated – the supremely smooth, vaguely Asian inspired beat that super producer Boi-1da lays down on Chip’s new single is immaculate. Thankfully Chip more than does the production justice, emerging from the cloud of weed smoke that constantly surrounds him to lay down an occasionally hilarious vision of utopian multi-matrimony: “The sex is gonna be messier but ain’t nobody stressin’ here.” While Maybach Music front man Wale doesn’t exactly follow Chip’s lead, he’s apparently got no interest in putting a ring on any woman, let alone 25 of them, he does share Tha Ripper’s “more is more” approach to the ladies. There’s no release date on Tell Yo Friends yet, but with a lead single like Wives the album can’t be far off, provided Chip can keep those 50 hands off him long enough to record of course.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.