I’ve been in this rap blogging game for a minute now and I thought I’d heard it all (after you’ve heard R. Kelly’s Sex Planet nothing shocks you), but I’d never heard an ode to polygamy…until today. Thanks Chip Tha Ripper! While we can certainly spend some time debating the practicality of actually having 25 Wives one thing that can’t be debated – the supremely smooth, vaguely Asian inspired beat that super producer Boi-1da lays down on Chip’s new single is immaculate. Thankfully Chip more than does the production justice, emerging from the cloud of weed smoke that constantly surrounds him to lay down an occasionally hilarious vision of utopian multi-matrimony: “The sex is gonna be messier but ain’t nobody stressin’ here.” While Maybach Music front man Wale doesn’t exactly follow Chip’s lead, he’s apparently got no interest in putting a ring on any woman, let alone 25 of them, he does share Tha Ripper’s “more is more” approach to the ladies. There’s no release date on Tell Yo Friends yet, but with a lead single like Wives the album can’t be far off, provided Chip can keep those 50 hands off him long enough to record of course.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.