I’ve been in this rap blogging game for a minute now and I thought I’d heard it all (after you’ve heard R. Kelly’s Sex Planet nothing shocks you), but I’d never heard an ode to polygamy…until today. Thanks Chip Tha Ripper! While we can certainly spend some time debating the practicality of actually having 25 Wives one thing that can’t be debated – the supremely smooth, vaguely Asian inspired beat that super producer Boi-1da lays down on Chip’s new single is immaculate. Thankfully Chip more than does the production justice, emerging from the cloud of weed smoke that constantly surrounds him to lay down an occasionally hilarious vision of utopian multi-matrimony: “The sex is gonna be messier but ain’t nobody stressin’ here.” While Maybach Music front man Wale doesn’t exactly follow Chip’s lead, he’s apparently got no interest in putting a ring on any woman, let alone 25 of them, he does share Tha Ripper’s “more is more” approach to the ladies. There’s no release date on Tell Yo Friends yet, but with a lead single like Wives the album can’t be far off, provided Chip can keep those 50 hands off him long enough to record of course.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/17/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)