Following a lofty, and I do mean lofty, four-year absence from the DJBooth, St. Louis spitter Chingy has finally returned thanks to his new comeback single I’m Hurr. Although it’s been years since the rapper has stood the hip-hop limelight, due to the title of Chingy’s latest effort it’s quite obvious that his signature, Independent City vernacular hasn’t gone anywhere. On Hurr, the former Disturbing Tha Piece artist sticks with his formula of pleasing the ladies as he informs a special someone that he’ll be right
there with shopping sprees, glitzy jewels, and every other imaginable luxury. Due to the content of the song, I’m Hurr is of course accompanied by a R&B hook, thanks to Solo & Krisstle and sultry, keys-driven production from producer Fastrax. As of now there’s no word on a new album from Chingy, but it’s safe to say that his comeback will likely lead to more new material.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let Me Luv U" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.