Following a lofty, and I do mean lofty, four-year absence from the DJBooth, St. Louis spitter Chingy has finally returned thanks to his new comeback single I’m Hurr. Although it’s been years since the rapper has stood the hip-hop limelight, due to the title of Chingy’s latest effort it’s quite obvious that his signature, Independent City vernacular hasn’t gone anywhere. On Hurr, the former Disturbing Tha Piece artist sticks with his formula of pleasing the ladies as he informs a special someone that he’ll be right
there with shopping sprees, glitzy jewels, and every other imaginable luxury. Due to the content of the song, I’m Hurr is of course accompanied by a R&B hook, thanks to Solo & Krisstle and sultry, keys-driven production from producer Fastrax. As of now there’s no word on a new album from Chingy, but it’s safe to say that his comeback will likely lead to more new material.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let Me Luv U" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.