Following a lofty, and I do mean lofty, four-year absence from the DJBooth, St. Louis spitter Chingy has finally returned thanks to his new comeback single I’m Hurr. Although it’s been years since the rapper has stood the hip-hop limelight, due to the title of Chingy’s latest effort it’s quite obvious that his signature, Independent City vernacular hasn’t gone anywhere. On Hurr, the former Disturbing Tha Piece artist sticks with his formula of pleasing the ladies as he informs a special someone that he’ll be right
there with shopping sprees, glitzy jewels, and every other imaginable luxury. Due to the content of the song, I’m Hurr is of course accompanied by a R&B hook, thanks to Solo & Krisstle and sultry, keys-driven production from producer Fastrax. As of now there’s no word on a new album from Chingy, but it’s safe to say that his comeback will likely lead to more new material.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let Me Luv U" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)