Following a lofty, and I do mean lofty, four-year absence from the DJBooth, St. Louis spitter Chingy has finally returned thanks to his new comeback single I’m Hurr. Although it’s been years since the rapper has stood the hip-hop limelight, due to the title of Chingy’s latest effort it’s quite obvious that his signature, Independent City vernacular hasn’t gone anywhere. On Hurr, the former Disturbing Tha Piece artist sticks with his formula of pleasing the ladies as he informs a special someone that he’ll be right
there with shopping sprees, glitzy jewels, and every other imaginable luxury. Due to the content of the song, I’m Hurr is of course accompanied by a R&B hook, thanks to Solo & Krisstle and sultry, keys-driven production from producer Fastrax. As of now there’s no word on a new album from Chingy, but it’s safe to say that his comeback will likely lead to more new material.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let Me Luv U" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.