Following a lofty, and I do mean lofty, four-year absence from the DJBooth, St. Louis spitter Chingy has finally returned thanks to his new comeback single I’m Hurr. Although it’s been years since the rapper has stood the hip-hop limelight, due to the title of Chingy’s latest effort it’s quite obvious that his signature, Independent City vernacular hasn’t gone anywhere. On Hurr, the former Disturbing Tha Piece artist sticks with his formula of pleasing the ladies as he informs a special someone that he’ll be right
there with shopping sprees, glitzy jewels, and every other imaginable luxury. Due to the content of the song, I’m Hurr is of course accompanied by a R&B hook, thanks to Solo & Krisstle and sultry, keys-driven production from producer Fastrax. As of now there’s no word on a new album from Chingy, but it’s safe to say that his comeback will likely lead to more new material.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let Me Luv U" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.