People who claim in seriousness to be one hundred percent real, one hundred percent of the time are either lying or just not watching themselves very closely – in truth, we all rock a variety of masks in our dealings with others. On this remix of his latest single, Booth newcomer and New Royales member Chin Injeti delves into the ways in which romantic relationships make us conscious of our many-sidedness, lamenting, “You always see me with a Mask on My Face.” Heavy as the track’s subject matter may be, fellow New Royale DJ Khalil‘s dreamy, head-nodding production makes for a refreshingly laid-back listening experience. Booth favorite K’NAAN ties it all together with what may well be his strangest verse to date, kicking things off with the oddly profound (and profoundly odd) lines, “My women and I get drafted by emotions, to fight in blame-filled, guilty oceans / I put a mask on, she could be settled, its color is a complacent yellow.” If this left-of-center slice of pop goodness leaves you wanting more, check out Chin’s forthcoming debut solo LP, D’Tach, set to drop April 6.
Written by richard on 03/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walking Around My Dreams " (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.