People who claim in seriousness to be one hundred percent real, one hundred percent of the time are either lying or just not watching themselves very closely – in truth, we all rock a variety of masks in our dealings with others. On this remix of his latest single, Booth newcomer and New Royales member Chin Injeti delves into the ways in which romantic relationships make us conscious of our many-sidedness, lamenting, “You always see me with a Mask on My Face.” Heavy as the track’s subject matter may be, fellow New Royale DJ Khalil‘s dreamy, head-nodding production makes for a refreshingly laid-back listening experience. Booth favorite K’NAAN ties it all together with what may well be his strangest verse to date, kicking things off with the oddly profound (and profoundly odd) lines, “My women and I get drafted by emotions, to fight in blame-filled, guilty oceans / I put a mask on, she could be settled, its color is a complacent yellow.” If this left-of-center slice of pop goodness leaves you wanting more, check out Chin’s forthcoming debut solo LP, D’Tach, set to drop April 6.
Written by richard on 03/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walking Around My Dreams " (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)