People who claim in seriousness to be one hundred percent real, one hundred percent of the time are either lying or just not watching themselves very closely – in truth, we all rock a variety of masks in our dealings with others. On this remix of his latest single, Booth newcomer and New Royales member Chin Injeti delves into the ways in which romantic relationships make us conscious of our many-sidedness, lamenting, “You always see me with a Mask on My Face.” Heavy as the track’s subject matter may be, fellow New Royale DJ Khalil‘s dreamy, head-nodding production makes for a refreshingly laid-back listening experience. Booth favorite K’NAAN ties it all together with what may well be his strangest verse to date, kicking things off with the oddly profound (and profoundly odd) lines, “My women and I get drafted by emotions, to fight in blame-filled, guilty oceans / I put a mask on, she could be settled, its color is a complacent yellow.” If this left-of-center slice of pop goodness leaves you wanting more, check out Chin’s forthcoming debut solo LP, D’Tach, set to drop April 6.
Written by richard on 03/25/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walking Around My Dreams " (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.