Combine a Grammy Award winning producer, an eclectic band, and a Brooklyn emcee and the results can be either awful or awe-inspiring. Thankfully, though, for producer Chin Injeti the combination of talent on his new single Walking Around My Dreams is the latter. A bit of a stranger to The DJBooth, a remix of Chin’s Mask On My Face was featured on the site in 2010, Injeti’s Walking Around My Dreams finds the producer at work with respected veteran Talib Kweli and his fellow band mates The New Royales. Injeti’s production on the record is a mellow mix of strings, drums, and even some tambourine action. Yearning for more of Injeti’s special brand of Hip-Hop? Expect plenty more where this came from on the producer’s upcoming Peoples mixtape, which will be released for free on July 17.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mask on My Face (DJ Khalil Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.