Combine a Grammy Award winning producer, an eclectic band, and a Brooklyn emcee and the results can be either awful or awe-inspiring. Thankfully, though, for producer Chin Injeti the combination of talent on his new single Walking Around My Dreams is the latter. A bit of a stranger to The DJBooth, a remix of Chin’s Mask On My Face was featured on the site in 2010, Injeti’s Walking Around My Dreams finds the producer at work with respected veteran Talib Kweli and his fellow band mates The New Royales. Injeti’s production on the record is a mellow mix of strings, drums, and even some tambourine action. Yearning for more of Injeti’s special brand of Hip-Hop? Expect plenty more where this came from on the producer’s upcoming Peoples mixtape, which will be released for free on July 17.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mask on My Face (DJ Khalil Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.