Combine a Grammy Award winning producer, an eclectic band, and a Brooklyn emcee and the results can be either awful or awe-inspiring. Thankfully, though, for producer Chin Injeti the combination of talent on his new single Walking Around My Dreams is the latter. A bit of a stranger to The DJBooth, a remix of Chin’s Mask On My Face was featured on the site in 2010, Injeti’s Walking Around My Dreams finds the producer at work with respected veteran Talib Kweli and his fellow band mates The New Royales. Injeti’s production on the record is a mellow mix of strings, drums, and even some tambourine action. Yearning for more of Injeti’s special brand of Hip-Hop? Expect plenty more where this came from on the producer’s upcoming Peoples mixtape, which will be released for free on July 17.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mask on My Face (DJ Khalil Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.