Combine a Grammy Award winning producer, an eclectic band, and a Brooklyn emcee and the results can be either awful or awe-inspiring. Thankfully, though, for producer Chin Injeti the combination of talent on his new single Walking Around My Dreams is the latter. A bit of a stranger to The DJBooth, a remix of Chin’s Mask On My Face was featured on the site in 2010, Injeti’s Walking Around My Dreams finds the producer at work with respected veteran Talib Kweli and his fellow band mates The New Royales. Injeti’s production on the record is a mellow mix of strings, drums, and even some tambourine action. Yearning for more of Injeti’s special brand of Hip-Hop? Expect plenty more where this came from on the producer’s upcoming Peoples mixtape, which will be released for free on July 17.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mask on My Face (DJ Khalil Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)