Previously featured as a guest on records by J. Mars (Kingdom Hearts) and Lyriciss (Calling for You), Chill Moody make his first solo foray into The DJBooth with new single Change Coming, Here, JoeLogic‘s bluesy sampling of Clipse classic Grindin’ bangs in the back as the West Philly rhymesayer claims his rightful place in the hip-hop pantheon. Local underground heavyweight Freeway showcases a little of that famous Brotherly Love by lending his inimitable flows to the joint’s closing verse. Think Moody’s justified when he claims, “It’s common sense to throw my name next to Common Sense”? Debate away—or withhold judgment till you’ve heard the rest of what’s on offer on his RFM LP, released yesterday for free digital download.
Written by richard on 01/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.