People looking to improve their social and financial standing are often advised to “dress to impress.” Those who are already rich, on the other hand, can wear whatever the f**k they want. On the latest single off his sophomore set, Childish Gambino takes advantage of that fact, donning a pair of Sweatpants and daring anyone to critique his style. Here, the artist sets aside his habitual self-doubt and introspection to do a little caked-up stunting. Backed by his and Ludwig Göransson‘s quirky, vocal-sampled production, Donald Glover boasts about his bi-coastal penthouse game and the many women in his life. West Coast fast-riser Problem addresses haters on the hook, spitting, “Don’t be mad cause I’m doing me better than you doing you.” Director Hiro Murai‘s official visuals round out the package. Released in December, Gambino’s Because the Internet LP is available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 04/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break (AOTL)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.