People looking to improve their social and financial standing are often advised to “dress to impress.” Those who are already rich, on the other hand, can wear whatever the f**k they want. On the latest single off his sophomore set, Childish Gambino takes advantage of that fact, donning a pair of Sweatpants and daring anyone to critique his style. Here, the artist sets aside his habitual self-doubt and introspection to do a little caked-up stunting. Backed by his and Ludwig Göransson‘s quirky, vocal-sampled production, Donald Glover boasts about his bi-coastal penthouse game and the many women in his life. West Coast fast-riser Problem addresses haters on the hook, spitting, “Don’t be mad cause I’m doing me better than you doing you.” Director Hiro Murai‘s official visuals round out the package. Released in December, Gambino’s Because the Internet LP is available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 04/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break (AOTL)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.