People looking to improve their social and financial standing are often advised to “dress to impress.” Those who are already rich, on the other hand, can wear whatever the f**k they want. On the latest single off his sophomore set, Childish Gambino takes advantage of that fact, donning a pair of Sweatpants and daring anyone to critique his style. Here, the artist sets aside his habitual self-doubt and introspection to do a little caked-up stunting. Backed by his and Ludwig Göransson‘s quirky, vocal-sampled production, Donald Glover boasts about his bi-coastal penthouse game and the many women in his life. West Coast fast-riser Problem addresses haters on the hook, spitting, “Don’t be mad cause I’m doing me better than you doing you.” Director Hiro Murai‘s official visuals round out the package. Released in December, Gambino’s Because the Internet LP is available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 04/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break (AOTL)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.