People looking to improve their social and financial standing are often advised to “dress to impress.” Those who are already rich, on the other hand, can wear whatever the f**k they want. On the latest single off his sophomore set, Childish Gambino takes advantage of that fact, donning a pair of Sweatpants and daring anyone to critique his style. Here, the artist sets aside his habitual self-doubt and introspection to do a little caked-up stunting. Backed by his and Ludwig Göransson‘s quirky, vocal-sampled production, Donald Glover boasts about his bi-coastal penthouse game and the many women in his life. West Coast fast-riser Problem addresses haters on the hook, spitting, “Don’t be mad cause I’m doing me better than you doing you.” Director Hiro Murai‘s official visuals round out the package. Released in December, Gambino’s Because the Internet LP is available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 04/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break (AOTL)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.