The second official single off Childish Gambino‘s 2013 sophomore set, Crawl has received a dramatic makeover courtesy of original producers Christian Rich. While their original beat was aggressive in tone, featuring sliced grunts and wails and ominous synths, this rendition ratchets the intensity up to 11. A powerful trap rhythm section accents the hard-hitting vibe, and an off-kilter, beat-switched outro rounds out the jam. This take on Crawl isn’t part of a larger project, but fans will be able to find its prototype and much more on Because the Internet, available in stores and online as of last December.
Written by richard on 08/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break (AOTL)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.