The second official single off Childish Gambino‘s 2013 sophomore set, Crawl has received a dramatic makeover courtesy of original producers Christian Rich. While their original beat was aggressive in tone, featuring sliced grunts and wails and ominous synths, this rendition ratchets the intensity up to 11. A powerful trap rhythm section accents the hard-hitting vibe, and an off-kilter, beat-switched outro rounds out the jam. This take on Crawl isn’t part of a larger project, but fans will be able to find its prototype and much more on Because the Internet, available in stores and online as of last December.
Written by richard on 08/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break (AOTL)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.