The second official single off Childish Gambino‘s 2013 sophomore set, Crawl has received a dramatic makeover courtesy of original producers Christian Rich. While their original beat was aggressive in tone, featuring sliced grunts and wails and ominous synths, this rendition ratchets the intensity up to 11. A powerful trap rhythm section accents the hard-hitting vibe, and an off-kilter, beat-switched outro rounds out the jam. This take on Crawl isn’t part of a larger project, but fans will be able to find its prototype and much more on Because the Internet, available in stores and online as of last December.
Written by richard on 08/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break (AOTL)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.