There are few sure things in this life—jobs, relationships and health can all change with little or no warning. Whatever the future may hold, though, it will almost certainly involve fresh tunes from Childish Gambino. On the latest single off his forthcoming digital full-length, following reader-approved freestyle Yaphet Kotto, the Community-star-turned-rap buzzmaker assures his girl that he’s gonna be in her life till the year 3005. The rhymesayer’s characteristically self-deprecating, punchline-packed bars come backed by his, Stefan Ponce and Ludwig Göransson‘s quirky, futuristic synth boardwork (complete with those ubiquitous Funky President ‘Hey!‘s). Because the Internet is currently slated for release on December 10, via Glassnote Records.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Childish Gambino’s Hiro Murai-directed 3005 visual.
Written by richard on 12/9/13
Childish Gambino, the rapping alter-ego of actor/ comedian/ writer/ singer/ producer/ all-around-entertainment maven Donald Glover, is a product of the internet. “So what?” you may be asking yourself. “Every rapper is a...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break (AOTL)" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.