There are few sure things in this life—jobs, relationships and health can all change with little or no warning. Whatever the future may hold, though, it will almost certainly involve fresh tunes from Childish Gambino. On the latest single off his forthcoming digital full-length, following reader-approved freestyle Yaphet Kotto, the Community-star-turned-rap buzzmaker assures his girl that he’s gonna be in her life till the year 3005. The rhymesayer’s characteristically self-deprecating, punchline-packed bars come backed by his, Stefan Ponce and Ludwig Göransson‘s quirky, futuristic synth boardwork (complete with those ubiquitous Funky President ‘Hey!‘s). Because the Internet is currently slated for release on December 10, via Glassnote Records.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Childish Gambino’s Hiro Murai-directed 3005 visual.
Written by richard on 12/9/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break (AOTL)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.