There are few sure things in this life—jobs, relationships and health can all change with little or no warning. Whatever the future may hold, though, it will almost certainly involve fresh tunes from Childish Gambino. On the latest single off his forthcoming digital full-length, following reader-approved freestyle Yaphet Kotto, the Community-star-turned-rap buzzmaker assures his girl that he’s gonna be in her life till the year 3005. The rhymesayer’s characteristically self-deprecating, punchline-packed bars come backed by his, Stefan Ponce and Ludwig Göransson‘s quirky, futuristic synth boardwork (complete with those ubiquitous Funky President ‘Hey!‘s). Because the Internet is currently slated for release on December 10, via Glassnote Records.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Childish Gambino’s Hiro Murai-directed 3005 visual.
Written by richard on 12/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break (AOTL)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.