As a previously-unknown musical act rises to prominence in the game, it’s only natural that speculation will begin to run rampant. Seeing the potential for misconceptions, Philly duo Chiddy Bang step in to ensure that listeners don’t have anything Twisted on a freshly-released cut off their latest digital EP. As usual, Xaphoon Jones makes creative use of some nontraditional sample material, supplementing an ethereal chopped-vocal snippet (anyone ID the source?) with an electronic rhythm section. Chiddy shows the engaging, braggadocious mic presence fans have come to know and love, exuding easygoing swag as he enlightens listeners on the unexpected nature of his recent successes (“Please don’t think we planned on this.”), his beverage of choice (“Sippin’ on Courvoisier and apple juice till I get a buzz.”) and, of course, his dedication to the hustle. Now that you’ve been set straight, are you craving more? Featuring two new versions of the title track as well as this original cut, the Mind Your Manners EP is available today on iTunes. In addition, fans can still pick up Chiddy Bang’s Booth-approved Breakfast LP wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 06/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Opposite of Adults (KIDS)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.