As a previously-unknown musical act rises to prominence in the game, it’s only natural that speculation will begin to run rampant. Seeing the potential for misconceptions, Philly duo Chiddy Bang step in to ensure that listeners don’t have anything Twisted on a freshly-released cut off their latest digital EP. As usual, Xaphoon Jones makes creative use of some nontraditional sample material, supplementing an ethereal chopped-vocal snippet (anyone ID the source?) with an electronic rhythm section. Chiddy shows the engaging, braggadocious mic presence fans have come to know and love, exuding easygoing swag as he enlightens listeners on the unexpected nature of his recent successes (“Please don’t think we planned on this.”), his beverage of choice (“Sippin’ on Courvoisier and apple juice till I get a buzz.”) and, of course, his dedication to the hustle. Now that you’ve been set straight, are you craving more? Featuring two new versions of the title track as well as this original cut, the Mind Your Manners EP is available today on iTunes. In addition, fans can still pick up Chiddy Bang’s Booth-approved Breakfast LP wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 06/19/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Opposite of Adults (KIDS)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.