As a previously-unknown musical act rises to prominence in the game, it’s only natural that speculation will begin to run rampant. Seeing the potential for misconceptions, Philly duo Chiddy Bang step in to ensure that listeners don’t have anything Twisted on a freshly-released cut off their latest digital EP. As usual, Xaphoon Jones makes creative use of some nontraditional sample material, supplementing an ethereal chopped-vocal snippet (anyone ID the source?) with an electronic rhythm section. Chiddy shows the engaging, braggadocious mic presence fans have come to know and love, exuding easygoing swag as he enlightens listeners on the unexpected nature of his recent successes (“Please don’t think we planned on this.”), his beverage of choice (“Sippin’ on Courvoisier and apple juice till I get a buzz.”) and, of course, his dedication to the hustle. Now that you’ve been set straight, are you craving more? Featuring two new versions of the title track as well as this original cut, the Mind Your Manners EP is available today on iTunes. In addition, fans can still pick up Chiddy Bang’s Booth-approved Breakfast LP wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 06/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Opposite of Adults (KIDS)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.