Once upon a time, we were all The Opposite of Adults – Booth newcomers Chiddy Bang and Xaphoon Jones still consider themselves KIDS and, to paraphrase that classic Toys ‘R’ Us jingle, they don’t wanna grow up anytime soon. Peter Pan syndrome or not, this Philly-based duo plan to parlay their musical talents into some grown-up cash, as they explain on this standout track off their just-released Swelly Express mixtape. Here, beatsmith Xaphoon chops a synth-driven sample from Kids, a track off Pursuit of Happiness indie-rockers’ MGMT‘s Oracular Spectacular LP, into a head-nodding backdrop for emcee Chiddy’s enthusiastically-flowed meditations on big money, fast living and eternal youth. With this kind of energy, it’s no surprise that Chiddy Bang have already sparked considerable industry attention. Whether you’re a kid, young at heart, or you simply enjoy left-of-center bangers, you’re sure to find more to your liking on The Swelly Express, released October 29, and available for free download here.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stylo (Chiddy Bang Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.