Once upon a time, we were all The Opposite of Adults – Booth newcomers Chiddy Bang and Xaphoon Jones still consider themselves KIDS and, to paraphrase that classic Toys ‘R’ Us jingle, they don’t wanna grow up anytime soon. Peter Pan syndrome or not, this Philly-based duo plan to parlay their musical talents into some grown-up cash, as they explain on this standout track off their just-released Swelly Express mixtape. Here, beatsmith Xaphoon chops a synth-driven sample from Kids, a track off Pursuit of Happiness indie-rockers’ MGMT‘s Oracular Spectacular LP, into a head-nodding backdrop for emcee Chiddy’s enthusiastically-flowed meditations on big money, fast living and eternal youth. With this kind of energy, it’s no surprise that Chiddy Bang have already sparked considerable industry attention. Whether you’re a kid, young at heart, or you simply enjoy left-of-center bangers, you’re sure to find more to your liking on The Swelly Express, released October 29, and available for free download here.
Written by richard on 11/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stylo (Chiddy Bang Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.