Once upon a time, we were all The Opposite of Adults – Booth newcomers Chiddy Bang and Xaphoon Jones still consider themselves KIDS and, to paraphrase that classic Toys ‘R’ Us jingle, they don’t wanna grow up anytime soon. Peter Pan syndrome or not, this Philly-based duo plan to parlay their musical talents into some grown-up cash, as they explain on this standout track off their just-released Swelly Express mixtape. Here, beatsmith Xaphoon chops a synth-driven sample from Kids, a track off Pursuit of Happiness indie-rockers’ MGMT‘s Oracular Spectacular LP, into a head-nodding backdrop for emcee Chiddy’s enthusiastically-flowed meditations on big money, fast living and eternal youth. With this kind of energy, it’s no surprise that Chiddy Bang have already sparked considerable industry attention. Whether you’re a kid, young at heart, or you simply enjoy left-of-center bangers, you’re sure to find more to your liking on The Swelly Express, released October 29, and available for free download here.
Written by richard on 11/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stylo (Chiddy Bang Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)